With Sortifyd, your data is encrypted and stored locally on your authenticated device(s) and in addition, your encrypted data and subscription details are also backed up on the cloud on our servers hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). With this cloud backup, all your data will be immediately restored once you reinstall Sortifyd (on the same device, or a different one) and log back into your account.
To set up Sortifyd on your phone again, please see the following steps:
- Download the Sortifyd app from the App Store for iOS, or the Google Play Store for Android. Once installed, launch the app.
- Login with your registered email address and your account master password.
- You will next receive an email with a one-time, time-based code to authenticate your device again. Please enter it immediately to proceed. If the code expires, you can tap the link on that screen to have the system send you another code. Note: you will not need this code again after you have confirmed it, so you don't have to worry about remembering it.
- Next, you will create a 6-digit Personal Passcode which is used to lock the app on your device so you don't have to log out and log back in every time you use the app. It also prevents unauthorized access to your Sortifyd account if others use your device.
- You can enable Touch or Face ID on the following screen for quicker access so you don't have to key in your Personal Passcode every time you launch the app. Touch or Face ID can also be enabled later in Account settings, in case you chose to skip this step during Sign-up (see Enabling/disabling Touch or Face ID).
- You are now on the home screen and are all set to start using your secure Sortifyd account on your phone again! All your data will sync from your cloud backup and will be right there.