With Sortifyd, your data is encrypted and stored locally on your authenticated device(s) and in addition, your encrypted data and subscription details are also backed up on the cloud on our servers hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). With this cloud backup, all your data can be immediately restored to your new phone.
To set up access to Sortifyd on your new phone, please see the following steps:
- Download the Sortifyd app from the App Store for iOS, or the Google Play Store for Android. Once installed, launch the app.
- Login with your registered email address and your account master password.
- You will next receive an email with a one-time, time-based code to authenticate your new device. Please enter it immediately to proceed. If the code expires, you can tap the link on that screen to have the system send you another code. Note: you will not need this code again after you have confirmed it, so you don't have to worry about remembering it.
- You are now on the home screen and are all set to start using your secure Sortifyd account on your new phone! All your data will sync from your cloud backup and will be right there on your new device.
- Based on your subscription plan, there may be a limit on the number of devices that you can add to your account. You can upgrade your plan if you would like to keep access to Sortifyd on your previous phone, or you will have to log out from that device to be able to use Sortifyd on your new phone.
- For security reasons, if you are giving away or returning your old phone, please remember to uninstall Sortifyd on that device before giving it away.