Elevate your meal planning with the Sortifyd Meal Planner. Seamlessly schedule meals, whether they are one-time or recurring, keep track of who’s dining, and coordinate whether you're cooking or dining out. Create your menu by seamlessly adding recipes from your Sortifyd collection or finding new inspirations from popular online sources. Prepping for a delightful family dinner or a special occasion? Quickly export ingredient lists to a shopping checklist. Perfectly integrated within the Sortifyd calendar and lists, the Meal Planner inherits all the rich attributes such as color coding and reminders, ensuring a seamlessly unified and user-friendly experience.
Note: Meal planning is currently available only on iOS. It is under development for Android and will be available soon.
Here's how you can get started with meal planning in Sortifyd:
- Navigate to the calendar by tapping the icon on the tab bar at the bottom of the home screen.
- Plan your meal by tapping the icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Add meal details on the screen that comes up
- Meal or Event name
- Location or Restaurant (if you're eating out, ordering in, or planning to do a takeout/pickup) - Type, or tap the icon to search for a location
- Meal Type - This sets default start and end times for the meal, which you can then adjust as needed. (see below)
- Dining Option - This setting helps you remember whether you're eating out, ordering in, or planning to do a takeout/pickup.
- Menu - Add recipes to your menu by searching your collection in Sortifyd, or add new recipes to your collection, either by exploring popular sources on the web, or otherwise manually adding recipes. (See Adding recipes.)
- Start and End dates and times - here you can set or adjust the default times for the meal so it shows up correctly on your calendar.
- If repeating, how often - daily, weekly, etc. This gives you a simple way to repeat your favorite menus on your calendar.
- People - This field has a pre-populated list of your family members from which you can quickly select those joining. Profile pictures make the calendar very visual and easy to scan. (See Adding family members.) You also add a count of any guests joining so you know the total number of people for whom you will be preparing the meal.
- Color - Use this field to assign a specific color to the meal, facilitating easy identification on the calendar. You have the option to select the color associated with a user, or you may choose any other preferred color from the available palette.
- Reminder (alarm), if any - at time of the event, 15 mins before, etc.
- Notes - A place for ad hoc notes/comments and other tags related to the meal to make it easily searchable.
- Attachments - Tap the icon to attach PDF documents or photos of items related to the meal (restaurant menus, inspiration from magazines, etc.) You can add attachments in one of the following ways:
- Attach pictures from your photo gallery
- Take and attach photos using your camera
- Attach PDFs and photos directly from your Files app/folder
- Scan and attach multi-page documents with the integrated document scanner. (This feature is available only in certain subscription plans.)
Once Saved, a meal plan can be edited by tapping the icon, or deleted by tapping the icon, both found on the top-right of the meal plan detail screen.
When you're gearing up for a family dinner or a special occasion, easily export the ingredient list of any recipe in your menu to a shopping checklist. (See Adding recipes.)
As shown below, the filter option in the Sortifyd calendar allows you to quickly filter events and tasks by type and member. By selecting only "Meals planned", you can easily set your calendar view to show you only your planned meals.
- Add emojis to meal titles to make them more visual.
- Add People and Categories for events to make the calendar very visual and easy to scan.
- Add descriptive tags in the Notes and Attachment name fields to make the event easily searchable.
- View hint notes for quick reference and suggested use cases.