Sortifyd has nine boxes or categories to which you can add your records and organize every aspect of your life. Pre-defined folders in each of these nine boxes help you thoughtfully organize your documents, account information, passwords, notes, and pictures.
The nine boxes can be accessed through the card set in the Organize section of the main canvas of your home screen, or by navigating to the dedicated Organizer screen by tapping the icon on the tab bar at the bottom of the home screen (Note: The dedicated Organizer screen is currently available only on iOS and will be released soon on Android. In the meantime, Android users can access these boxes through the main canvas on the home screen).
The screen below is an example of the folder structure you see when you navigate to the Home & Money box.
From the Home & Money screen in the example above, records can be added in one of two ways:
- Browse and add: Tap over the label of the section (ex. Banking) to see a list of all current records in that section. See the Banking screen. In this example, the Banking folder already has four records as the record count on the right indicates. The Banking screen lists those accounts. You can navigate to an existing record by tapping on it, or you can tap Add account on that screen to create a new record. This screen also has a icon on the bottom-left that pops up a hint note for quick reference.
- Direct add: As you get more familiar with the contents of your folders, you can directly add a new record by tapping the button to the right of the record count on the main category screen, i.e., the Home & Money screen here.
Note: The creation of a record can also be initiated through Quick Add on the home screen, by using the Add Record/Attachment option there. Once a category (ex. Home & Money) is selected, the process to add to an existing or new record follows the flow noted above.
For ease of use, the forms for the various record types across the nine boxes and folders have the same look and feel and a consistent interface. However, some fields are customized based on the type of record.
The screen below is an example of a health insurance record, created by following the steps above.
For a health insurance record, you have the following sections and fields. (Note: While the header fields are mandatory to be able to save a record, all other fields are optional. They are included for your convenience and you can choose the level of detail you wish to add.)
- Insurance company - For records that have institution or company name as the title (as in this example), the company logo is automatically populated, when available, along with its website URL which is saved in the Online access section of the record. For record types that don’t have a company name as the title (for example, a property record), the thumbnail of the last attachment added is pulled in as the header thumbnail (ex. picture of Primary home, if added as an attachment). These logos and thumbnails make lists of records more visual for quick scanning.
- Insured person - This field has a pre-populated list of your family members from which you can quickly select a person. (See Adding family members)
- Policy details
- Policy number - Type, or use the mic on the keypad for quick voice entry.
- Policy effective date - Set using a date picker.
- Policy expiration date - Add a policy expiry date to be alerted one month in advance of expiry. You will get a reminder notification (alarm) and an alert will also appear on the Notifications screen.
- Contacts - You can add the name(s) of related contacts here. For example, your insurance agent. You can type in a name, or select a contact from your shared contacts, added in your Contacts box.
- Online access
- Website - Auto-populated where a URL is found based on the company name added in the header. This can be edited as required.
- Username/login, Password, and PIN - Credentials you use to access your account.
- Notes - A place for ad hoc notes/comments and other tags related to the record to make it easily searchable.
- Attachments - Tap the icon to attach PDF documents or photos of items (insurance cards, policy details, claims, etc.). You can add attachments in one of the following ways:
- Attach pictures from your photo gallery
- Take and attach photos using your camera
- Attach PDFs and photos directly from your Files app/folder
- Scan and attach multi-page documents with the integrated document scanner. (This feature is available only in certain subscription plans.)
- Created and Last modified - These fields are auto-populated, logging the name of the user(s) who created or last modified the record, along with the corresponding date and time. (This feature is available only in certain subscription plans.)
- Private switch - This switch allows you to make the record private so only the creator of the record can see it, even if someone has access to the parent category or box. (This feature is available only in certain subscription plans.)
Once Saved, here are the other actions you can perform on a record:
- Edit it by tapping the icon, or delete it by tapping the icon, both found on the top-right of the record detail screen.
- View an attachment in a record by tapping on its thumbnail image at the bottom of the screen.
- Print, or share an attachment (ex. photo of drivers license) with those outside your shared account by tapping the icon at the bottom of the attachment viewer. You can then print that attachment by selecting your printer in the menu that appears, or you can share it through any communication app you use (ex. Mail, Messages, Whatsapp, etc.). Please exercise caution when sharing your private documents with others outside your shared account.
- Add descriptive keywords in the Notes and Attachment name fields to make the record easily searchable.
- View hint notes for quick reference and suggested use cases.
User interfaces may vary slightly between iOS and Android due to ongoing updates. Thank you for your patience as we work to align experiences across all platforms.